11th May 2016
Tips to follow when packing your home, having renovations done or whether you are shipping goods.
Packing Supplies are a vital part of ensuring your valuables are keep safe and protected. Elephant Self Storage stock a full range of packing Supplies from moving boxes, tape, locks, furniture covers, bubble wrap, labels, markers and picture covers. Sometimes the hardest part is where to start and what packing Supplies are needed.
- Use the correct boxes is important small boxes such as our 'Budi' box is ideal for books, DVDs, and small heavy items. If you fill a large box with books its very heavy to lift. 'Asha' box is ideal for kitchen wear/pots and pans, 'Tusko' for clothes/lamp shades/ toys. 'Jumbo' for anything bulky or bedding.
- All of our boxes are ‘Double walled’ meaning two sheets of cardboard are sandwiched together to make the boxes durable and extra strong, this prevents the boxes collapsing or the bottom falling through. These boxes are also used for sending goods abroad by freight. Our moving boxes are so durable you can use them time and time again, remember when using them to ship abroad remove any previous labels that may have been on the box.
- Protect you furniture during the move by using furniture covers. Theses covers protect your good sofa and mattress in case of rain or getting a few markers, its well worth the small investment.
- To protect your furniture when renovating there is a number of methods, have you ever seen in any of the classic movies when bed sheets cover the furniture? Well, why waste you bed sheets buy plastic dust covers to keep any unwanted dust of your furnishing.
- Protect value paintings and pictures from as little as €8.50 buy a picture pouch to keep your frames and treasured memories like new.
- Don’t over estimate your own strength we have some very helpful lifting equipment in store such as our furniture movers €25.00 that can make lifting that old wardrobe that bit smoother.
- Your TV and any fragile furniture can be wrapped in bubble wrap when transporting or storing. For plates/cups and glasses use tissues paper/old newspaper this takes up less space in boxes.